Sunday, January 31, 2010

Sagelands: The rest of the story.

I received a nice email from the PR person at Sagelands. (Thank you!) A pipe broke under the floor of the winery, causing extensive damage to the tasting room and offices. Sagelands is alive and well at Canoe Ridge in Walla Walla and throughout the country. Wine club members will receive their wines. My friend Frederique, the winemaker, still has a job. Yeah!

I also checked Wine Yakima Valley's website and it has been updated to show that Sagelands is closed for remodeling.

My cousin Kevin, a general contractor, owns KPC Construction in Naches. I attended his daughter's wedding Friday night at the Yakima Country Club. (Great buffet Greg!) When the talk turned to "How are you keeping busy this winter?" he said he was remodeling Sagelands Winery. The work should be done quickly and professionally.

Small world. End of story.

No comments:

Post a Comment